Birmingham, Ala. – A complete of 1,309 student-athletes have been named to the 2022-23 First-Yr SEC Educational Honor Roll, Friday by SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey.
The First-Yr SEC Educational Honor Roll is predicated on grades from the 2022-23 tutorial calendar.
Any student-athlete who participates in a Southeastern Convention championship sport or a student-athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her establishment’s NCAA Sports activities Sponsorship Kind is eligible for nomination to the Educational Honor Roll. The next standards will probably be adopted:
(1) A student-athlete should have a grade level common of three.00 or above for both the previous tutorial yr (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade level common of three.00 or above on the nominating establishment.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer time college, his/her grade level common through the summer time tutorial time period have to be included within the calculation used to find out eligibility for the Educational Honor Roll.
(3) Scholar-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll embrace these receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who’ve been on a varsity crew for 2 seasons.
(4) Previous to being nominated, a student-athlete should have efficiently accomplished 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial tutorial credit score towards a baccalaureate diploma on the nominating establishment.
(5) The coed-athlete should have been a member of a varsity crew for the game’s complete NCAA Championship section.
First yr student-athletes in all sports activities could also be named to the Honor Roll on the conclusion of their first full tutorial yr in residence (spring, fall, and summer time phrases).